Contest is closed. Please check back for future opportunities.
Lorenzo & Lorenzo is a top-rated personal injury law firm in Tampa, FL. Being a graduate of the University of South Florida, George Lorenzo supports the development of the next generation in our community and knows that every little bit helps when you’re obtaining your degree. Our law firm would like to invite you to review the requirements below and apply to our privately funded scholarship for actively enrolled students in the United States. We wish you all the best of luck in your studies and look forward to reading your insightful essays.
To enter our scholarship essay competition, answer the following question in 300-500 words:
Florida updated their texting and driving laws in 2020. Please assess the new laws, how the new laws impact drivers, and if you believe this law will be beneficial for driver safety.
- You must be a U.S. resident or resident alien who is registered at a U.S. college or university.
- Essays must be unique (not submitted elsewhere) and written by the scholarship applicant.
- Applicants must read, understand, sign and return to us the (PDF) Scholarship Essay Contest Application & Rules along with your submission.
- Only one submission per student will be considered.
- Students must be actively enrolled at the university with a valid student ID number and currently enrolled in classes in order to be eligible.
How to apply for our scholarship
Submit your application and essay by email by the deadline noted above.
Scholarship selection process
Our judges will examine all entries received by the deadline above. A winner will be selected up to 6 weeks after the submission deadline. One winner will be awarded the scholarship amount, and notable entries may also be published on the Lorenzo & Lorenzo website.
Guidelines and tips from the judges
The judges, who read thousands of essays, have provided some key tips that will help you write a high quality essay.
- Answer the question. Submissions that don’t answer the question will be disqualified.
- Plan your essay and think through your point of view. The judges know if you just wing it.
- Reference resources in your essay and include citations.
- Use language that is simple to understand. Think 7th grade reading level.
- Use paragraphs and white space to separate your ideas.
- Come close to the word count requirement. Essays with a count of 50 words below or above the requirement will be disqualified.
- Use a tool like Grammarly to check your work. Free versions are often available.
- Read your essay out loud. If it sounds good to you, it will sound good to the judges.
- Submit your essay as a Word document. Other formats will be disqualified.
Ownership of entries
All scholarship entries submitted to Lorenzo & Lorenzo, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated with the submission, become the property of LorenzoAndLorenzo.com. By submitting an entry and the signed application form, you acknowledge that Lorenzo & Lorenzo will own all rights to publish and promote the content. All entrants also agree that they consent to the use of their name, the school or university they attend, and the use of their likeness (as in a photograph) and prize information.
*The information collected from applicants will not be used to solicit them for business or sold to third-party solicitors.*
Get to know attorney George Lorenzo
Here at Lorenzo & Lorenzo, we’re proud of our investment in our community and we have a passion for providing opportunities for those who live in the Tampa Bay area. We believe it’s important to support our community through goodwill actions that lead to joy and happiness for everyone. Through this scholarship, we hope to remove some of the stress and anxiety students face when it comes to paying for school. Best of luck and we encourage you to continue making your education a top priority!
George Lorenzo is the founder of Lorenzo & Lorenzo, a top-rated and well-respected law firm in Tampa, FL that specializes in personal injury, auto accidents, premises liability, wrongful death, criminal defense and immigration. He has been practicing law for nearly 30 years, is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and is licensed to practice law in Florida and Texas.
George graduated from the University of South Florida with a degree in Finance and General Business Administration in 1984. He received his Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law in 1987. He then served in the U.S. Army as defense counsel for military personnel accused of criminal offenses and as Chief, Operational Law during Desert Storm where he was awarded the Bronze Star for meritorious service during war. George also served as an Assistant State Attorney in Hillsborough County, and he joined the Office of the Public Defender as the Felony Bureau Chief, where he supervised over 50 attorneys and litigated numerous high profile cases. Read bio