Experienced and professional premises liability injury lawyers serving Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg, Florida
According to Florida premises liability law, every property owner has an obligation to protect visitors from unreasonable harm or danger. Restaurants, stores, apartment complexes, malls, movie theaters, theme parks, commercial offices, farms and homeowners – all are beholden to this legal responsibility and all can be held responsible to some degree for injuries resulting from negligence.
Personal injury law as it pertains to premises liability can encompass a wide range of accidents, including:
- Exposure to Toxic Fumes or Chemicals
- Violent Crimes and Sexual Assault
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents
“Visitors” are broken into three categories, each of which are granted different standards for reasonable care:
- Invitees – individuals invited by the property owner to enter the premises and who are owed the highest level of care (i.e. grocery store patrons)
- Licensees – friends, family, and neighbors who you invite to your home
- Trespassers – people who go onto another’s property without permission and to which few legal rights are owed; exceptions are if the property owner intentionally set up hazards to injure trespassers or if they have something potentially dangerous on their property to entice people into entering (i.e. open swimming pool)
Calculating the cost of your premises accident claim depends a number of factors, such as how/when you were injured, where the hazard was located, which type of visitor you are classified as, etc.
An experienced law firm who specializes in these types of personal injury cases will be able to determine the value of your case and start taking the necessary steps to getting you the compensation you deserve.
At Lorenzo & Lorenzo, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you are never charged a consultation fee for meeting with one of our lawyers and you don’t pay attorney fees or costs until after we are successful in obtaining a recovery for you. Our experts in personal injury law are skilled trial attorneys. We’re not afraid of insurance companies, or of taking your case to trial if that’s what’s needed. We have the resources to fund your case throughout the litigation process, and the experience to give you skilled, thorough representation.
Our expert Tampa premises liability attorneys can help win your case.
How We Can Help You Determine Liability in Your Premises Accident Case
If you or a loved one were injured on another person’s property, you may be entitled to damages depending on whether or not you can adequately prove that the property owner was negligent or violated a reasonable duty of care. Determining fault in Florida premises injury cases can be challenging, which is why consulting with an expert premises liability lawyer is essential.
Tampa premises accident attorneys at Lorenzo & Lorenzo will help determine liability in your case and secure you the maximum compensation possible by establishing the following:
- The property owner was aware of the danger to visitors and failed to remove it. Your attorney must prove that the property owner or an employee knew, or should have known, about the hazard and failed to deal with the danger in a reasonable amount of time.
- The negligence of the property owner to remove the danger led to your injury. It must be established by your lawyer that there was a direct correlation between the property owner’s negligence and the accident that resulted in your injury.
- You suffered damages due the injury. Lastly, you have to prove that you suffered actual harm from the accident. Damages can be economical (medical expenses, lost wages, permanent disability, etc.) and non-economical (pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, etc.).
At Lorenzo & Lorenzo, we’ll pursue every option and consider every route in your premises accident case. We are extremely thorough in gathering evidence, and completely dedicated to effectively proving fault and protecting our clients’ rights against insurance companies, negligent businesses and property owners.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve.
We are fully knowledgeable in Florida personal injury law.
“All of us want to tell you and your team Thank You for all the hard work that you accomplished on behalf of our family. Have A Great Day and the Lord be with all of you-always!”
Florida Premises Liability Law: Fight for Your Rights
If you or a loved one are injured on another person’s property, don’t make the mistake of thinking it was just an unavoidable “accident.” Whether it was a slip and fall, swimming pool accident, animal attack or other premises injury, you should explore your legal rights under Florida’s premises liability law by consulting an experienced and knowledgeable attorney at Lorenzo & Lorenzo before it’s too late.
Time is of the essence. Discuss your premises accident with a professional premises liability attorney today. Schedule your free consultation today or stop by our Tampa personal injury law office anytime.